In 1993, workers’ comp attorney Bill Smith and personal injury litigation attorney Mark Chappell opened the law firm of Chappell & Smith in South Carolina. In 2001, workers’ comp attorney Mark Arden joined the firm, which then became Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A.
Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. was founded on dedication to help injured clients get the justice they deserve. We continue this mission today and have expanded our firm’s impact across the state of South Carolina and the United States.
Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. Today
Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. now has a team of 12 attorneys and offices spread out across South Carolina and various locations. We employ twelve qualified attorneys to fight for personal injury, accident, workers’ compensation, and other injured victims. Our offices are located in:
- Fort Mill
- Rock Hill
Our exceptional, experienced attorneys are licensed to practice in several areas, including all federal and state courts in South Carolina, all state courts in North Carolina, and federal district and appeals courts across the nation. We are also qualified to serve clients in the Supreme Court of the United States.
We remain committed to helping clients through the toughest times. Here’s what some clients are saying about Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. today:
Reviews & Testimonials
“Chappell Smith & Arden made my case absolutely painless. They were professional, diligent, compassionate and extremely attentive. Mark Chappell and his team went above and way beyond to make sure I was compensated for someone else’s wrongdoing.”
“They are absolutely AMAZING! It's very rare to not only find great customer service, but genuine people who care about their clients. They truly go above and beyond to help, even after they've helped with your claim.”
“Chappell Smith & Arden were our attorneys for our car accident case. They were very reassuring and patient with us during a long and stressful negotiation with the drivers Insurance company and were highly successful in arranging a deserved financial settlement. We recommend Chappell Smith & Arden for whatever legal representation is needed.”
“Chappell Smith represented me in a workers comp case they did a wonderful job. Kind courteous and they actually care about their clients. They understand the stress these cases bring, especially for someone like me that suffers from PTSD. They actually take time and listen and are genuine when they ask if they can help you.”
“One of the "BEST" Law Firms. They treat you like family. They are always available when you need them. They work hard to get what you need and deserve. If you are looking for excellent representation, look no further. Chappell, Smith and Arden are here for YOU!”
Our attorneys serve victims of injuries caused by work-related incidents, motorcycle and vehicle accidents, dog bites, and more. Many of our clients have suffered from injuries related to:
- Cancers from Zantac and Talcum powder
- Catastrophic injury and wrongful death
- Class actions
- Complex case litigation
- Motor vehicle, motorcycle, railroad, and trucking accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Personal injury
- Premises liability
- Product defects and liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Workers compensation
- Wrongful death
- And many others
Our firm is proud to offer services across the state and nation to obtain the justice clients deserve for their injuries.
Awards and Cases
Our firm steadfastly believes that every case deserves its day in court. Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A has gone up against some of the largest companies in the United States to fight for injured victims. Some of our cases have included:
- The Graniteville train disaster cases. The January 6, 2005 train derailment and chlorine gas spill in Graniteville, South Carolina, adversely affected thousands of local residents and employees. Mark Chappell, a partner at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. was appointed the lead plaintiff’s liaison counsel in these cases pending before Judge Margaret B. Seymour in the U.S. District Court in Columbia, South Carolina.
- Bridge collapse at Lowe’s Motor Speedway. Mark was appointed to the legal steering committee following this May 2000 bridge collapse. Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. coordinated all documents and discovery, depositions, and the resources of the 24 law firms representing the 87 race fans injured during the collapse.
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission cases. Founding partners Bill Smith and Mark Arden have 45 years of combined experience handling worker’s comp cases. Both attorneys limit their practices to workers’ compensation and represent injured workers daily before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission. We also serve or have served on virtually every board and committee of workers compensation-related organizations on behalf of injured workers.
Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. has been recognized for its top-notch legal services, with several of our attorneys achieving the Super Lawyers award. Founding partner Bill Smith and attorney Graham Newman of Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. also received recognition in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, which is considered one of the legal industry’s top honors and is based on peer review.
Work with Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A.
If you need legal care for an injury or accident, contact us today for a free consultation. You can reach us online or call us toll free at 866-881-8623.