Fierce Advocacy for Injury Victims in Aiken County
When you travel on the highway, go to work, walk through your neighborhood – and with everything else you do in every facet of a normal life – you have every right to feel safe. When something goes wrong, and someone else’s negligence causes you to be injured, you have a right to compensation.
A minor injury can disrupt your life for a while. A major injury can change your life forever. In either case, you will have costs to deal with: the cost of time lost from work, medical expenses, therapy, and perhaps much more. You may also have physical pain to deal with, and there may be an emotional toll for all that you go through.
At Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. our team of personal injury lawyers in Aiken County will provide our extensive experience to protect you, uphold your rights, and win you the financial compensation you not only need, but deserve. A personal injury can fall into many categories, including:
- Birth Injury. The times just before, during, and after the delivery of your baby are critical. A birth injury caused by negligence can take a lifetime toll on you and your child.
- Catastrophic Injury. This type of injury is one that causes a severe, permanent disability.
- Defective Products. This covers a wide range of products that cause harm – from auto parts to defective drugs.
- Medical Malpractice. You have an absolute right to a high standard of care in a medical setting. But there are cases every day that involve negligence and improper diagnosis and treatment on the part of healthcare providers.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents. Dramatic injuries can occur while traveling. Whether your injury involved a car, a truck, a bus, a train, or a motorcycle, it can happen unexpectedly and change your life forever.
- Nursing Home Abuse. Placing a loved one in an around-the-clock care setting can be a tough decision. When your loved one is abused or neglected, the physical and emotional tolls are unimaginable.
- Slip and Fall Accidents. Whether you are injured at a private home, while visiting a business, in a municipal location, or even at work, we can protect your rights.
- Work Injury. If you were injured at work, you may be entitled to third-party benefits in addition to Workers’ Compensation.
- Wrongful Death. When a loved one dies due to someone else’s negligence, the survivors should receive financial compensation for their tragic loss.
A personal injury case can bring you financial compensation to compensate you for the full range of your expenses for the duration of your recovery and treatment. You should also be compensated for pain and suffering – and in some cases punitive damages, when gross negligence is involved. Some of the expenses that would be covered may include:
- Medical evaluations
- Medical treatment
- Home modifications to accommodate an injury or disability
- Lost wages – past and future
- Home care
- Property loss
Aiken County Personal Injury Lawyers at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. Can Help Take Away the Worry and Stress of a Personal Injury
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, the Aiken County personal injury lawyers at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. will uphold your rights and win the compensation you need and deserve. Please call 803-929-3600 or 800-531-9780 for a free consultation, or contact us online. Our offices are conveniently located throughout South Carolina. We serve clients in Lexington County, Richland County, Sumter County, Florence County, Aiken County, Lancaster County, York County, Orangeburg County, Kershaw County, and Newberry County – including those in the towns of Columbia, Lexington, Irmo, Chapin, Rock Hill, Aiken, Sumter, Newberry, Florence, and Spartanburg.