Kershaw County Personal Injury Lawyers
An accident can happen without any warning, and in an instant, it can change your life in a dramatic way. No matter how your injury occurs, life as you knew it may no longer be possible. There may be ongoing medical issues to deal with, lost time from work, and rehabilitation to contend with, too. In serious cases, you could experience a life-altering injury that results in a disability. And, when your accident was caused by another’s negligence, the impact may seem even more bitter. Throughout all of this, you will still have to pay the bills and get on with your life.
Our personal injury lawyers in Kershaw County at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. will fight for you. We will aggressively advocate for your rights and for the compensation you deserve – so that you can get on with your life.
We have had great success bringing personal injury cases to a successful conclusion for countless clients. Moreover, we have vast experience handling a wide variety of personal injury cases including (but not limited to) the following:
- Car Accidents: This includes car, bicycle, bus, and motorcycle accidents. In these cases, the injury may require a lengthy recovery, and the costs may be exorbitant.
- Catastrophic Injuries: This can include injuries to the spinal cord, severe burns, accidental amputations, serious eye injuries, multiple bone fractures, organ damage, neck injuries, back injuries, paralysis, and much more. These are often life-changing injuries.
- Defective or Dangerous Products: This type of injury can be caused by defective or dangerous prescribed drugs, vehicles, work equipment, toys, and more.
- Medical Malpractice: When a healthcare professional does not provide a standard of care and a patient is harmed, a medical malpractice claim can help pursue compensation for the injury.
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse: When you cannot care for a loved one, you must put your trust in a care facility. Sadly, that sometimes results in abuse and neglect. Bedsores, soiled clothing and linens, and weight loss may be signs that something is not right with your loved one.
- Railroad Accidents: The injuries caused by a railroad accident can be terribly severe, and when caused by incompetence or irresponsibility, the injustice is horribly impactful.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Property owners are responsible to maintain their property and ensure it is safe for visitors. When a slip and fall results from a property owner’s negligence, our legal team will pursue a premises liability claim.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: A traumatic brain injury (or TBI) can have a profound impact on behavior and cognitive functioning. It can affect the memory, language, emotion, and the way a person thinks. A TBI is sometimes irreversible, leaving loved ones to care for the victim.
- Truck Accidents: Truck drivers often work prolonged hours without sleep, or they may exceed the speed limit to maintain their schedules, which can result in tragedy on the highway. Truck accidents often result in very serious injuries.
- Work Injuries: When a person gets hurt at work, Workers’ Compensation benefits will pay for medical expenses and lost wages.
- Wrongful Death: When someone else’s negligence or incompetence results in death, the survivors are left with emotional wounds that may never heal. A wrongful death claim can be caused by a medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, and much more.
Kershaw County Personal Injury Lawyers at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. Offer High Quality Representation
To learn more about Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A., or to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Kershaw County, please call 803-929-3600 or 800-531-9780 or contact us online. With offices located throughout South Carolina, we serve clients in Lexington County, Richland County, Sumter County, Aiken County, Florence County, Lancaster County, York County, Orangeburg County, Kershaw County, and Newberry County, including those in the towns of Columbia, Lexington, Irmo, Chapin, Rock Hill, Aiken, Sumter, Newberry, Florence, and Spartanburg.