Kershaw County Car Accident Lawyers
Fighting for Your Rights After a Motor Vehicle Accident
No matter how skilled you are as a driver… no matter how safety-conscious you are… and no matter how well-maintained your vehicle is – you are still at the mercy of every other driver on the road. Recklessness, drunkenness, distracted driving, and more have all been causes of horrific car accidents.
When you have been injured because of someone else’s carelessness, negligence, or wrongdoing, you could suffer injuries – both physical and emotional – that could change your life forever. Injuries can occur whether you experience a fender-bender or the most extreme kind of wreck. And sometimes you don’t even know you’ve been injured until later, after you’ve begun to relax, and the pain and trauma sets in.
There are a wide variety of injuries that can occur during a car accident, but here are some of the most common injuries:
- Back Injuries. When you have a back injury and the back pain that comes with it, it can have an impact on every area of your life. From not being able to sleep to walking in great discomfort, a back injury can be very serious. Whether it’s a strain, a sprain, a fracture, or a lumbar spine injury – it can require months of rehabilitation to recover – and you may never recover fully.
- Dental Injuries. Many people experience dental injuries during a motor vehicle accident. From broken or dislodged teeth to an uncomfortable condition called TMJ – you may require continued treatment or even dental surgery to repair the damage.
- Emotional Impact. A serious collision can change your life in many ways. You may suffer flashbacks, anxiety, nightmares, and more – and the memory of a serious crash could take a long time to fade.
- Facial Injuries. Your face shows off your character. When you are injured by shattered glass or the impact of a severe collision, your face can become disfigured, and you may require reconstructive surgery.
- Head Injuries. You may experience anything from a mild concussion to a very serious traumatic brain injury (TBI) during a car accident. Even a mild concussion can be debilitating for a while, and a TBI can alter your life dramatically and forever.
- Internal Injuries. You may not even realize that you are injured at first, but a car accident can certainly result in serious internal injuries to the spleen, liver, and more.
- Neck Injuries. From whiplash to serious disc injuries, the impact of a collision can dramatically affect your neck. A neck injury may heal quickly – or it may never fully heal.
The Expenses of a Motor Vehicle Accident
After a car accident, you may see your bills mount rapidly. But if you were injured due to someone else’s recklessness or negligence, you have a right to financial recovery for the following:
- Ambulance transportation
- Medical evaluations and treatment
- The costs of transportation to and from medical appointments
- Rehabilitation and/or physical therapy
- Psychological counseling
- Emotional and physical pain and suffering
- Past and future lost wages
Kershaw County Car Accident Lawyers at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. Will Be Your Most Powerful Advocates After a Car Accident
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, the Kershaw County car accident lawyers at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. will uphold your rights and fight for the compensation you need and deserve. Please call 803-929-3600 or 800-531-9780 for a free consultation or contact us online. Our offices are conveniently located throughout South Carolina. We serve clients in Aiken County, Florence County, Kershaw County, Lancaster County, Lexington County, Newberry County, Orangeburg County, Richland County, Sumter County, and York County – including those in the towns of Aiken, Chapin, Columbia, Florence, Irmo, Lexington, Newberry, Rock Hill, Spartanburg, and Sumter.