Orangeburg County Car Accident Lawyers
Protecting Your Rights and Your Peace of Mind
The impact of a car accident goes way beyond any physical injuries you may suffer. A serious wreck can also have a dramatic impact on your family, your emotions, your relationships, your work, and certainly your finances. When you have been injured in a car accident or a motor vehicle accident of any kind, you may face struggles as you seek medical care, deal with time off from work, and as you work to recover from your injuries.
Car accident causes vary, and many involve negligence, recklessness, and carelessness. The following are some of the most common reasons car accidents occur:
Distracted Driving: This may include anything from talking on a cell phone to texting and driving, which has become an increasingly common cause of car accidents.
Drunk or Drugged Driving: Someone who drives while under the influence or even when mildly impaired has the potential to damage someone’s life forever.
Drowsy Drivers: Drowsy driving is one of the most underreported and potentially deadly causes of car accidents.
Road Rage / Aggressive Driving: When tempers flare on the highway and someone loses control, there can be deadly consequences.
Mechanical Defects: This may range from faulty braking systems to defective ignitions. A vehicle manufacturer would be responsible for any mechanical defects.
The above represents just a few of the reasons car accidents happen. Just as there are a wide range of causes of wrecks, there is also a broad range of injuries that can happen during a car accident. Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Internal Injuries: Even when there are no outward signs, an internal injury can be extremely serious and even life threatening.
- Head Injuries: From a concussion to a traumatic brain injury (TBI), a head injury can have life-altering consequences.
- Dental Injuries: Damaged or missing teeth, a dislocated jaw, and more can create pain and disfigurement.
- Facial Injuries: Sometimes reconstructive surgery is necessary to restore a person’s appearance after a car accident.
- Back Injuries: Strains, sprains, and fractures can result in lifelong pain and suffering.
- Neck Injuries: From whiplash to serious disc damage, a neck injury can take a long time to heal, and you may never be the same.
- Psychological Injuries: A victim may suffer anything from flashbacks to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). A terrifying car crash can leave someone in a fragile state of mind.
If you have experienced a car accident or a motor vehicle accident of any kind, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. That may include everything from medical evaluations and care to therapy and rehabilitation. You may be able to recover lost wages, both past and future. You may also be entitled to damages for your pain and suffering, along with a wide range of additional expenses.
Orangeburg County Car Accident Lawyers at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. Fight for Injured Victims’ Rights to Compensation
We sympathize with and understand the range of emotions you are going through, and the challenges and struggles you will face after a car accident. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a car accident, the Orangeburg County car accident lawyers at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. will uphold your rights to the compensation you need and deserve. Please call 800-531-9780 for a free consultation or contact us online.
Our offices are conveniently located throughout South Carolina. We serve clients in Aiken County, Florence County, Kershaw County, Lancaster County, Lexington County, Newberry County, Orangeburg County, Richland County, Sumter County, and York County, including those in the towns of Aiken, Chapin, Columbia, Florence, Irmo, Lexington, Newberry, Rock Hill, Spartanburg, and Sumter.