York County Car Accident Lawyers
You Deserve Financial Compensation for Your Suffering
The trauma of a car accident can be difficult to deal with on so many levels. Your injuries can have a dramatic impact on your everyday life in even the simplest things you do – such as going to work, doing chores around the house, and countless other things you might normally do every day. An injury may require a long period of recovery, and you will have to deal with the financial aspects of medical bills and lost wages – and so much more.
After a car accident, it may be hard enough getting your life back on track. We can serve as your most powerful advocates, fighting fiercely for the financial recovery you need and deserve. We can ensure that you will receive quality medical care and anything else you may need to thrive.
If your injury is minor, and only requires a short period of recovery, or if your injury is serious, and requires a long period of healing, or even if you are permanently disabled, we will work to uphold your rights so that you can concentrate on your recovery.
After a car accident, your bills will begin to accumulate quickly, but we can help you recover financial compensation for the following:
- Medical consultations
- Medical treatment, including therapy and rehabilitation
- Transportation costs to and from medical appointments
- Psychological counseling
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering – emotional and physical
- Lost wages – past and future
Common Car Accident Injuries
Depending on the type of wreck, road conditions, the vehicle you are driving or riding in, and other factors, you could experience a wide range of injuries. These may include:
- Neck Injuries. The neck is frequently affected by a car accident. Injuries may range from minor whiplash to major disc injuries. A neck injury may heal in weeks, or it may never heal completely.
- Head Injuries. Even when there is no physical sign of trauma, you can suffer a serious head injury. You could experience anything from a mild concussion to a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Even with a minor injury you may have to endure many months of pain and suffering before you feel back to normal. In some cases, a TBI can cause lasting injuries that can change a person’s life forever.
- Dental Injuries. Your teeth could be damaged or lost, your jaw may be damaged, and you may suffer from temporomandibular disorder (TMJ)
- Facial Injuries. The impact of a steering wheel or dashboard, the shattering of glass against your face, or even an airbag can cause injuries that may require reconstructive surgery.
- Back Injuries. Strains, sprains, fractures, lumbar spine injuries and many other injuries can occur to the back. These can have an impact on every facet of your life in the future. Back injuries can cause lifelong pain and suffering.
- Internal Injuries. Very serious internal injuries can happen to the spleen, liver, lungs, heart, and more – even when there are no outward signs of injury.
- Psychological Injuries. As you struggle to recover, you may experience trouble sleeping, anxiety, flashbacks, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and more. Even though psychological and emotional injuries may not be obvious on the outside, they are real, and they can have an impact on many areas of your life.
York County Car Accident Lawyers at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. Recover Maximum Compensation for Victims of Wrecks
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a car accident, the York County car accident lawyers at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A.. will fight for the compensation you need and deserve. Please call 803-929-3600 or 800-531-9780 for a free consultation or contact us online. Our offices are conveniently located throughout South Carolina. We serve clients in Aiken County, Florence County, Kershaw County, Lancaster County, Lexington County, Newberry County, Orangeburg County, Richland County, Sumter County, and York County, including those in the towns of Aiken, Chapin, Columbia, Florence, Irmo, Lexington, Newberry, Rock Hill, Spartanburg, and Sumter.