The main reason why you should hire a car accident lawyer after you’ve been hurt in a wreck is to ensure that your rights and claim are protected as you move forward.
In fact, while you focus on healing and getting medical treatments, a lawyer can provide essential help and representation, assisting you with things like (but not limited to):
- Determining all of the parties who are liable for the accident
- Assembling all of the necessary evidence for your case
- Navigating the intricacies of the claim process
- Negotiating settlements and challenging those who attempt to undercut (or avoid making) these payouts
- Helping you obtain the full amount of compensation you deserve.
In contrast, if you don’t hire a lawyer and, instead, try to financially recover on your own, it’s far more likely that your claim (and your rights) could be compromised by:
- Mistakes, such as missing claim deadlines
- Lost evidence, such as misplaced doctor’s bills
- Insurance companies (or others) who are focused on (and experienced at) minimizing or denying compensation to accident victims.
Call South Carolina car accident lawyers at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. at (803) 929-3600 or contact us online to start getting helpful answers about your options – and to discover what you can do as you move forward to protect your rights and claim.