While some of these accidents may be less severe than others, even relatively minor railroad accidents can result in catastrophic, if not fatal, injuries for many people.
Potentially just as tragic as the outcomes of railroad accidents can be the fact that, in many cases, these accidents could have been prevented if not for the negligence of some party.
At Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A., our Columbia injury lawyers have extensive experience defending the rights of those injured in railroad accidents. Skilled at determining when negligence has contributed to these accidents, our lawyers will fight for victims, helping them hold all negligent parties liable, craft the strongest possible cases and maximize their financial recoveries.
How Negligence Can Contribute to Railroad Accidents
When negligence plays a role in causing railroad accidents, it can specifically involve:
- A failure to maintain railroad equipment
- A failure to sound horns and/or flash lights when trains approach crossings
- A failure to train railroad employees (including subcontractors)
- Overloaded or poorly loaded train cars
- Poorly maintained railroad tracks and/or crossing areas
- Poorly secured train cars
The parties liable for such negligence can vary, depending on the specifics of a case. However, they commonly include railroad companies, railroad employees and even third parties.
The Railroad Accident Practice at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A.
For well over two decades, the Columbia attorneys at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. have been bringing railroad accident cases to successful resolutions. Some of the specific types of cases our lawyers have a record of favorably resolving include (but are not limited to) those involving:
- Collisions between two or more railroads/trains
- Debris or object on tracks
- Equipment failures or malfunctions
- Highway-rail accidents (also referred to as railroad crossing accidents or railroad versus car accidents)
- Toxic spills
This breadth of experience is backed up by our abilities to represent various – and multiple – parties injured as a result of these accidents, including (but not limited to):
- Bystanders, including those in other vehicles, pedestrians, etc.
- Railroad employees
- Railroad passengers
Contact the Columbia Railroad Accident Lawyers at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a railroad accident, contact the Columbia personal injury lawyers at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. for effective legal advocacy and help getting on the path to financial recovery. Since 1993, our lawyers have been committed to protecting the rights of injured people and helping them:
- Hold negligent parties accountable for harming them
- Obtain the full amount of compensation to which they are entitled
- Reclaim their lives and focus on their recovery and future.
Call our firm at (803) 929-3600 or contact us online to set up a free, no obligations initial consult with one of our lawyers. During this meeting, you can find out more about your rights, as well as how we can help you.
From our six office locations throughout South Carolina, our attorneys provide the highest quality legal services to injured people and families in Columbia, Alken, Camden, Sumter, Orangeburg, Greenville, Florence, Beaufort, Irmo, Spartanburg, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head Island, West Columbia, Rock Hill, Charleston, Lexington, Winnsboro, Summerville, and throughout South Carolina.