South Carolina Social Security Disability Lawyers
Social Security Disability Benefits and Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
When you are unable to earn a living due to a mental and/or physical impairment, applying for federal disability benefits and/or SSI can provide you with the financial support you need to cover your living expenses and get important medical treatments.
Unfortunately, however, the process of applying for these benefits is complicated, and making even a few mistakes along the way can lead to:
- Application denials
- Benefit reductions
- Delays in application approvals and, in turn, receiving benefits
At Chappell, Smith & Arden, our Columbia disability & SSI lawyers understand the complexities of the Social Security processes and how to overcome these challenges so that our clients are able to secure the full amount of benefits to which they are entitled. Effective at pursuing new claims, as well as appeals following a wrongful denial or termination of benefits, our attorneys will work relentlessly to help you obtain the benefits you need and deserve.
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) versus SSI
SSDI and SSI are both forms of financial support that the Social Security Administration (SSA) provides to people who are living with certain impairments and who meet certain other requirements. Just some of the differences between these benefits, however, include that:
- Qualifying for disability benefits (i.e., SSDI) is contingent applicants’ work history. With SSI, however, applicants’ work history does not affect eligibility for benefits.
- Although eligibility for disability benefits relies on proving that an applicant has a long-term, qualifying impairment that prevents them from holding down a job, SSI applicants have to also prove that they have limited income and/or resources (in addition to being disabled).
How Our Columbia Disability & SSI Lawyers Can Help You
When you turn to one of our attorneys for help getting federal disability benefits, you can be confident that we will do everything possible to resolve your claim as favorably and efficiently as possible. Just some of the services we provide to this end include (but are no means limited to):
- Providing free case evaluations to inform you if you (and/or your family members) qualify for benefits
- Gathering all possible evidence regarding the nature and extent of your impairment(s)
- Completing all necessary forms and documents and submitting them to the SSA in a timely manner
- Keeping you involved in and informed about your case, updating you as it progresses
- Representing you in any and all hearings regarding your claim
Contact an Experienced Columbia Social Security Disability Lawyer at Chappell, Smith & Arden
If you or a loved one needs assistance securing federal disability benefits and/or SSI, contact a Columbia social security disability lawyer at Chappell, Smith & Arden for experienced help moving forward. Since 1993, our lawyers have been committed to protecting our clients’ rights and interests’ and helping them obtain – and keep – the benefits to which they are entitled.
Call our firm at (803) 929-3600 or contact us online to set up a free, no obligations initial consult with one of our lawyers. During this meeting, you can find out more about your rights, as well as how we can help you.
From our six office locations throughout South Carolina, our attorneys provide the highest quality legal services to injured people and families in Columbia, Alken, Camden, Sumter, Orangeburg, Greenville, Florence, Beaufort, Irmo, Spartanburg, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head Island, West Columbia, Rock Hill, Charleston, Lexington, Winnsboro, Summerville, and throughout South Carolina.