Aiken County Car Accident Lawyers
We Fight for the Financial Compensation You Deserve
There are no two ways to look at it: a car accident is a traumatic experience. Although you should have every right to feel safe on the highway, you can’t control the actions of other drivers – no matter how cautious and capable a driver you are. When someone drives recklessly or with negligence, and you are injured because of their actions, you have a right to financial compensation.
When an accident first occurs, you may not even realize the extent of your injuries – or that you were injured at all. Sometimes there are obvious injuries, but sometimes there are no signs at all in those first few moments. That initial rush of adrenalin may mask your pain as muscles stiffen and your injuries become apparent.
But whether you suffer a minor injury or something far more serious, you will need time and medical assistance to feel better and to heal – and you will have costs to deal with. You may miss work. You will need medical evaluations. You may need medical treatment, therapy, rehabilitation, medication, and more. We are here to uphold your rights, serve as your advocate, and fight for the financial compensation you need to make a full recovery – physically and emotionally.
A car wreck can cause a wide range of injuries. Sometimes even a seemingly minor accident can cause severe injuries. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Head Injuries. Even when there is no physical sign of trauma, you can suffer a closed head injury. This may include anything from a mild concussion to a traumatic brain injury (TBI). You may experience many months of pain and suffering before you feel back to normal. In some cases, a TBI can cause lasting injuries that can change a person’s life forever.
- Facial Injuries. Shattered glass, the impact of a steering wheel or dashboard, or even an airbag can cause injuries that may require reconstructive surgery.
- Dental Injuries. This may range from lost or damaged teeth to temporomandibular disorder (TMJ)
- Neck Injuries. Because of the force of impact, the delicate neck is often affected by a car accident. Injuries may range from minor whiplash to major disc injuries. A neck injury may heal in weeks, or it may never heal completely.
- Back Injuries. Strains, sprains, fractures, lumbar spine injuries and many other injuries can occur to the back, affecting every facet of your life in the future. Back injuries can cause lifelong pain and suffering.
- Internal Injuries. Even when there are no outward signs of damage, there may be very serious internal injuries to the spleen, liver, lungs, heart, and more.
- Emotional Injuries. As you struggle to recover, you may experience flashbacks, trouble sleeping, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and more. Even though emotional injuries are not visible, they are real, and they can have an impact on many areas of your life.
After a car accident, you may have a right to recover compensation for the following:
- Medical evaluations
- Medical treatment
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Transportation costs to and from medical appointments
- Psychological counseling
- Pain and suffering – emotional and physical
- Lost wages – past and future
Aiken County Car Accident Lawyers at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. Will Fiercely Uphold Your Rights After a Car Accident
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a car accident, the Aiken County car accident lawyers at Chappell Smith & Arden, P.A. will uphold your rights and win the compensation you need and deserve. Please call 803-929-3600 or 866-881-8623 for a free consultation or contact us online. Our offices are conveniently located throughout South Carolina. We serve clients throughout Aiken County, including the communities of Aiken, Beech Island, Belvedere, Burnettown, Clearwater, Gloverville, Graniteville, Jackson, Langley, New Ellentown, Perry, Salley, Vaucluse, Wagener, Warrenville, and Windsor.